Wednesday, June 20, 2012

COMING SOON!!  

 I can barely contain my excitement!  My first order from from Jelly the Pug is on its way!  Here is a little blurb from the owner: 
I started Jelly the Pug in 2007 in my living room! I was very disappointed by the garments I saw on the shelves at stores.    It was all the same stuff.   I decided to create my own clothing for my children.    I was really surprised that I was stopped everywhere I went and was asked by moms where I bought them.    I made them for friends and neighbors and then started selling them online.    Eventually boutiques were banging on my door.    I was so overwhelmed with orders I couldn't keep up.  In 2010, with the help of many friends, I have put together a team to be able to offer them for wholesale and retail sales.We offer consistent quality to our valued customers.  We will continue to share the excitement of our line with as many children as possible and to reclaim my living room from bolts and bolts of fabric!
Mission Statement
To supply high fashion garments at a reasonable price that others shy away from producing due to their complexity in design and construction.
 I hope you are as excited to buy these clothes as I am.  I will let you know what I think once I actually have it in my hands.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE getting in new clothes, feeling the quality of the fabric, finish of the seams, soft linings and the unique designs that make them special.  These dresses will match beautifully with my Jamie Rae Hats & Headbands.  Jelly the Pug~ Welcome to www.EllaSarahsBoutique.com.

Along with these sweet dresses, on the other side of couture, let me introduce you to Mischka Aoki couture dresses for children.  I'm not sure I've ever seen dresses quite so beautiful.  They have been featured in magazines, on runways and anywhere little girls need a very special dress.  It was hard to pick just a few pictures for you, so I'll try to show you my favorites.  Here is an interview with "Childrens Vogue Magazine" that may shed some light on this amazing designer;

We recently had the pleasure of having a few of our favorite questions answered by Winnie, the design-genius behind Mishka Aoki. As you know our inquiring minds are always keen to get a peek behind the veil, to see where the magic happens, in the mind of the designer.

 

What got you started working in children’s clothing design?

It all started when I had my daughter a few years back and I couldn’t find anything that looked stylish & different for her to wear when we are out. So I ended up designing dresses for her and I noticed that we always received compliments about her dresses and people always enquired where we bought the dresses. So that’s how it all started!

What sources of inspiration do you continually find yourself going back to, what are some new ones that have influenced your most recent collection?

There isn’t anything in particular, as every collections has quite a different inspiration.

Tell us a bit about your drive and purpose, your vision for your designs.

To provide a line that is fresh, stylish, unique and stand out from the crowd. Most labels out there do very colourful dresses for children, and though I have started to introduce a few colours along the season, I believe that girls don’t have to always be in pink, nor boys in blue.

What current trends are you keeping track of? Any that you just can’t stand?

There isn’t any specific trends that I keep track of because I believe that we should dress based on what makes us look and feel good, not just what’s deemed trendy.

How do you feel that current trend affects your design?

As per above, my designs aren’t normally affected by trends, however in the beginning of the design process sometimes my colour palette is.  In the end I go for what is the most beautiful, whether it’s trendy or not :)

What do you feel makes your work unique?

I like anything ‘couture’ and so I wanted to created dresses that are unique, if a little bit over the top some might say ;) —but are still cute!

What’s your favorite piece from your current line? Any all time favorite(s)?

Absolutely, my limited edition LONG LIVE THE LITTLE QUEEN dress!  Though “One Day in Paris” & “One Million Dreams” dress have also been my all time favorite as well.

Lots of great clothes are in your future!!